- Primary focus of the community is the formation of young aspiring men to get know and live het Passionist way of life through classes, recollections, music, sports and extra curricular activities.
- The community is engaged in giving Retreats to Sisters, Priests, Brothers, and conducting Days of Recollections.
- The community provides good service to our own Passionist Sisters.
- The members in the community celebrate Sunday Mass at several parishes outside along with our own Chapel.
- The community also renders its service for the weekly Novena at St. Jude Shrine.
- School Masses on Fist Fridays, confession and counselling for student at nearby schools and parishes are regular features of our Ministry in Cochin
Ashram Jxp, St. Gabriel’s Minor Seminary
Rajive Gandhi Road,
Kochi – 682006
Ph: 0484-2231309, 9496743367, 6282887460
- Gyananilaya is a house of formation of the students of philosophy. We cater to the needs of the philosophy as well as Secular Degree for our candidates. We also look after the spiritual well being our student s through, recollections, retreats, spiritual direction and other exposure programs.
- Passionists have served the local church in Bhopal through retreats, recollections, sacramental help in parishes and families.
- Prison ministry, youth ministry, CRI initiatives and teaching in KPRP and in other formation houses nearby.
- Students also make themselves available on weekends to help out in orphanages, centres for mentally challenged and in parishes, besides having one month summer ministry exposure.
Gyananilaya, Passionist Community
E-7, 729 A
Bhopal – 462016, MP
Gemma Novitiate gives an important year of formation for the aspiring Passionist. The Novice engages in prayer, study, reflection and in manual gardening at the field on a regular basis. This helps them to discern the Passionist vocation and become the professed member of the Congregation.
- Every year in the month of October special rosary would be conducted for the local neighbour fostering the catholic devotion and piety as well as the fraternity and communion between the laity and religious.
- Days of Lent every Friday would be marked with ‘Way of the Cross’ for which the same families of the neighbourhood participate with much fervour and faith.
- The priest at the novitiate avail themselves for the Parish liturgical celebrations, administration of the Sacraments like Holy Eucharist, Confession, Visiting the Sick etc.
This is yet again another formation House catering to the study of Theology for the simple professed young Passionists. On Sundays, our brothers are given opportunity to teach Catechism and animate Liturgy in different Parishes.
- They also have the opportunity to visit the sick and the elderly, ministry for the street Children in collaboration with the Salesians, Home for the Aged and to the Children’s Home run by the Missionaries of Charity Sisters.
- During summer Holidays, Students are given one month exposure programmes in Parishes, Villages, or in Centers for Ex-prisoners or HIV/AIDS patients,HomefortheAged.
- As part of the local Church, we share its pastoral needs, and cooperate by being available to celebrate the Eucharist on Sundays and to hear confessions on special occasions. Since we are surrounded by many religious communities, we often get invited to preach retreats and recollections as well.
- Every year, in the month of October, we conduct special prayer services and Rosary at the homes of Catholics in our locality. And this gives us an opportunity to bring the faithful to a closer union with God and a deeper relationship with one another
Sacred Hearts Road,
TC Palaya. K.R.Puram Bangalore – 560036,
Ph: 080 284742