DOMESTIC WORKERS MOVEMENT
KDWM was an initiative of the Passionists in collaboration with the Franciscan Servants of Mary Sisters. National Domestic Workers Movement is the parent organization. Passionist involve fulltime for the well being of the Domestic workers and to care for their children in the foster home. This is to create awareness among the public to change the mindset regarding the Domestic workers and their rights.
KARNATAKA DOMESTIC WORKERS MOVEMENT WAS INITIATES THE OBJECTIVES
- Empower Women in Domestic Work.
- Train domestic workers to acquire skills.
- Regulate migration and stop human trafficking.
- Strengthen self Help Groups of domestic workers.
- Educate Domestic workers about their rights
- Organize domestic workers which breaks isolation and builds collective strength.
- Give dignity to Domestic Workers
- Facilitate Legal and Medical Aid